Additive.Designer is a diverse and scalable software solution for easy data preparation of complex components in additive production.
A novel pre-processing tool in the Additive.Intelligence software package, Additive.Designer combines all features necessary to generate 3D printed parts while being fully adaptable to the customer’s needs. The range of features starts with the native CAD-file import and ends by defining the necessary milling strategies to automatically post-process the AM part on a milling machine. The software imports all native CAD formats, eliminating the need for STL files, reduces the need of supports with an optimized exposure strategy, guides users to the best plate positioning with component orientation processing and offers a preliminary calculation of the build costs based on the machine and build set-up. The goal of the software is to lower the learning curve of additive manufacturing by reducing the software skills necessary to be successful while optimizing builds with less supports and workflows based on specific part preparation.
- Intuitive Interface for Easy and Fast Operation
- Fast build job preparation owing to the managed workflow
- Implemented tools (heat maps, etc.)
- Smart application (automation, black box, etc.)
- Savings through an Understanding of the Technology
- Cost savings through specially-developed support geometries with lower material expenditures
- Time savings during the printing through optimized support strategies
- Control of Data Preparation
- The cost estimator provides a validated overview of the costs and construction timeframe for the build job
- Preview of the created laser coatings and laser paths possible
- Modular Design Enables Flexible Adaptations
- No “monolithic” software architecture
- Individual adaption for each existing process chain possible
- Integration into existing software solutions possible
- User administration configurable via web browser
- Restrictions and functions for user individually-configurable
- All work steps are recorded and traceable
|The Additive.Designer Data Preparation Process|
|Select Machine||Additive.Designer recommends the ideal machine based on criteria such as material or component size. If a machine is selected with a modular substrate plate, the build plate can then be configured/ allocated as needed.|
|File Import||The software permits the import of all standard file types. With the native CAD import, Additive.Designer sets new standards for data processing for the additive production process. Thus, any potential errors
during the conversion of stl. files can be avoided from the outset.
|Preparation||The features developed in cooperation with customers enable all required settings to be activated, resulting in an “optimized“ orientation for managing suitable support structures, etc. The
intelligent component orientation via heat maps also enables inexperienced users to optimally position components.
|Processing||Intelligent algorithms coupled with the intuitive interface enable easy selection of those criteria of decisive importance for the processing and quality of the component. After each component
has been assigned the corresponding production strategy, individual coatings and laser paths are calculated.
|Verification||A preview of the individual coatings and their processing sequence enables the controlling of critical work areas during the build process. Thus, the risk of data preparation errors can be minimized in advance
and the quality of the components guaranteed. In addition, the cost estimator provides an overview of the construction timeframe and costs.
|SLM File and Print||After the verification of the prepared data, the print file is created. This file can then be transferred to the machine.|
The following minimum requirements apply to the hardware and software environment within which the software is to be used:
- Internet access
- Operating System: Windows 10 or newer
- Intel® Core™ i7 processor, 7th generation
- 32GB DDR4
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 with 8GB GDDR5
Additive.Designer Live Demos
See the Additive.Intelligence package and get a demo of Additive.Designer at these shows throughout the year:
Can’t make it? Contact usfor a personal demo.
More information coming soon.